Academic Articles on Greek/Hindu Mythology


While using the Auraria Library database I came across both articles “Greek Mythology” and “Myths and Symbols in Indian Art and Civilization”. Despite the overwhelming amount of books and or articles about my topic, I chose these two articles by first reviewing the preview link. In this link you are able to see what series the book or article belongs to, the source, publisher, date of publishing and also a brief summary of what you are to read/find on the upcoming link.

Article “ Greek Mythology” provides a large background of knowledge that sums up different aspects within Greek mythology. This article gives brief detail on the literary that was recorded around this era, archaeological discoveries, the different forms of myth in the Greek culture, types of myths in Greek culture, and lastly the legends/myths of the gods. Each terminology is neatly organized and a very easy read, there is enough information to have a better understanding of the culture. I was even able to make a comparison of the impact Greek Gods/Goddesses had on the culture. On the other hand, “Myths and Symbols in Indian Art and Civilization” wasn’t an article but a volume from a book series. This volume was about Indian art, and tradition amongst the civilization that comes from legend, myth, and folklore taken directly from the Sanskrit. Also there is a large amount of information, about the profound Hindu culture surrounding it’s Gods and Goddesses.

After finding quick reads on my topic I’m coming to find information on Hindu mythology is much more of a difficult task than I thought. I’m not too sure if I want to continue on this change of direction, I am considering sticking to my original topic and focusing mainly on Greek mythology. Not only is there more research done and more informational context about Greek mythology but I find myself more interested in Greek mythology and how its Greek Gods/Goddesses impacted the culture and the similarities both possess. It’s also getting difficult finding correlation between Hindu and Greek Gods/Goddess. Plus I also feel as if my research is taking a turn in the direction of how Greek Gods/Goddesses influenced the culture.



Comments