Idea Generation

What do you believe is the biggest problem facing this generation?


The biggest problem with this generation is that so many don't care where they come from. No one cares about their heritage or why we are who we are today. There is no respect for our elders the people we come from or our far back ancestors. To many people are worried about the now they don't stop to think about the thin and open their minds, people don't realize that knowing who you are and where our people come from is key to life.


What is something you are genuinely curious about? A phenomenon that you simply do not understand?


I don't understand how ancient civilizations built all these amazing temples and were so intelligent to only have the tools and technology they had to only disappear. Leaving making compared to then seem primitive.


If you could only have two TV channels, what would they be? What do you think is the smartest show on television, and what kinds of questions do they ask – and answer?


Honestly it would be Alone and Earth. I’m completely obsessed with the planet we live on, I’ll never understand how people and animals especially have lived here for thousands of years and survived. I think the most intelligent show is Sesame Street, if you actually sit a one year old or even a baby in front of Sesame Street I guarantee you they will learn. If you watch it as an adult it isn't boring and it engages people of all ages, even I learn new things about my animals and shapes. This show ask questions about math, writing, reading you name it, it teaches people to be kind, gives a self love message for all types of people whether they are Black white have a disability you can name it they do it.


When you listen/watch/read the news, what sorts of stories draw you in?


The stories that draw me in the most are about children or minorities and I feel as if that’s a given because I’m a mother and also a minority. Basically news stories that hit close to home tend to catch my attention.


Imagine that tomorrow, you have the chance to bring a topic into the national conversation. This means that you get to take five minutes and explain that this SPECIFIC issue has not received enough attention – what topic would you pick?


I would bring the attention of colorisim in the Black community among young Black girls.


If you could write one specific law – without concern for how it would be funded – what would it be? If you could change one existing law – think specific – what would that be?


My law would be to abolish illegals, I believe a person cannot be illegal. Honestly no matter how much the world changes there is no way enough people would fund this law. An unspoken law I would get rid of is the 1 drop law, although the Jim crow era is over the one drop rule still stands. It’s unspoken, but that's why minorities still get less wedges or turned down for a job because they have something ethic about them or in them.


  1. Fill in the following blanks:


Over the years, __BLM__________ has become increasingly popular/trendy/omnipresent. My family and friends all think ____protest______ is great, as do others. But I'm not sure that __some protest______________ is really a good thing, because __in the eye of the oppressor these protest are fueled by angry black people whose lives don't matter, that these protest are meaningless___________________________________.
When I was young, I really wanted to be a ______Doctor________________ when I grew up. Though my interested changed, I’m still interested in ________the medical field_________________. What drew me away from this profession was ___________Doctors are heartless and don't really connect with their patients_____________, which makes me ask: _________Why do nurses get paid less pay and recognition  than a Doctor and not equal pay_____________________?


Comments