Keywords & Boolean Search Terms On Greek/Hindu Mythology


When it comes to keyword searching I find it most helpful in regards to my research surrounding Greek mythology. To gain a better understanding of the similarities between the Greek Gods and Goddesses I have began searching for information surrounding key terms such as the obvious “Greek Gods and Goddesses”. Also other terms such as “Greek Heroes”, “Greek Monsters” Demigods and Spirits” and lastly “Ancient Greece”. By searching each of these terms I was able to find connections between each terminology. Rewarding enough I also found links in discovering similarities that each label had surrounding different Greek Gods and Goddesses.


As for the second half of my research finding key terms to relate and gain better information about my topic is a little more challenging. Hindu mythology isn't as cut throat forward as Greek mythology, I have come to find Hindu mythology a very complex subject. It is broken up in a Vedic and Puranic index, there are multiple Gods and Goddesses in the Hindu culture and each changes so much throughout the centuries. Making finding keywords challenging because once you find one keyword that leads you to useful information the next article you read contradicts the information you had gained. Unlike the keywords I used to research greek mythology I instead went very blunt and searched key terms “Hindu main Gods/Goddesses”, Greek Gods Hindu Equivalents” and lastly Hindu/Greek Mythology”.


Using Boolean terms had helped me connect my keywords and I was able to create coherent expression, making it easier for me to find reliable sources for my topic. My sereachs much more precise, especially when I used and, or and not in my search for Greek mythology. It came in even more handy when I was searching for my alternative point of view, I struggled finding keywords surrounding Hindu mythology. But once I was able to form some keywords and use the Boolean method my search became much more accurate and I was also given a greater amount of relevant results.

Comments