Background Research on Greek Mythology


At first I began searching broadly, by searching “Greek Gods and Goddesses similarities” on Google. I wanted to see what similarities I could find between Greek Gods and Goddesses then to narrow it down to shared traits, artistic styles, and or rituals that could be possibly be linked to different cultures. That’s when I found multiple similarities within Hindu and Greek mythology. From this point on I found different links to this exact topic such as “strange similarities between Greek and Hindu mythology”. Not only did I find similarities between the Greek Gods and Goddesses but I also found indistinguishable links between the Hindu Gods and Goddesses. I chose which links to click on by reading the brief lower paragraph that is under the actual link on the Google page. I also found which links to choose by looking at the pictures, so you can say I judged the link by it cover. I did skim through most of the lengthy paragraphs and only stopped to read detail when a sentence or two applied to my interest.

Like mentioned above, originally I went into this topic expecting to find clear cut throat list of alike traits between Greek mythology Gods/Goddesses, fascinating enough my topic became more widespread than I intended. I find not only knowing the similarities between Gods and Goddesses within Greek mythology a painful craving but discovering more similar traits in the Hindu mythology between it’s Gods/Goddesses be even more an addiction. In result I do find myself gaining a stronger pull toward another direction than the one I had started with.

From the somewhat research that I had done on my original topic, I’ve concluded I will modify my topic slightly. My research no longer will surround only the likeness between Gods/Goddesses in Greek mythology but it will also include the similarities Gods/Goddesses have within Hindu mythology. Then from there I will either compare and contrast or I will go into depth of how both Greek and Hindu God/Goddesses mythology are alike. As my research continues I’m sure I will be able to come to a final decision. Now that I have an even more fascinating topic I am more than ecstatically overjoyed to continue doing this project.

Comments