Academic Article

I wanted to find an article to gain further information about the recent and possibly ancient Greece culture. At first I started by searching “Greek culture” and “ Greece”, I searched these terms hoping to find an article that gives information on Greek agriculture, architecture, knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, and customs. My search came up empty, it was actually a little difficult to find exactly what I was searching for. So then I searched “Greek economy”, which came up pretty successful. I came upon the article “The Making of the Ancient Greek Economy: Institutions, Markets, and Growth in the City-States” by Alain Bresson. This article focuses mainly on the structural characteristics of the Greek economy. It goes into how the economy was tarnished and build itself up and began to flourish. Also the article illustrates on productive linkage, civilization accomplishments, industrial and technological advances Greeks have accomplished.


Would I consider this article helpful in terms of my research? Yes and no, yes because it gives slight insight of ancient Greece's economy and no because it is not exactly the cultural information I’m looking for. This article does not change the direction  that I intend to go in, in fact it makes me even more determined to find information on current/ancient Greece and how the Greek Gods and Goddesses influenced the culture.



Comments